Steal These Content Strategies for Online Marketing Success
No matter what size your business, if you want to establish a brand identity, build trust with your audience, and maximize your return on investment, you need to have an online content strategy to market and promote your product or service.
Well-defined content strategies will make you:
- More likely to see yourself as a content marketer.
- Feel less challenged by content marketing details.
- More effective in leveraging content marketing and social media tactics.
- Less apprehensive about allocating a higher percentage of your marketing budget to online content marketing.
Online content marketing is a process, not an event. It involves setting goals and implementing a series of strategies to achieve them. It doesn’t need to be complicated process, though. If you know what you want to achieve and use (steal) these five simple content strategies, you’ll be well on your way to online marketing success.
5 Online Content Strategies Worth Stealing
- Think audience first. There’s no point in producing content for content’s sake. The goal is to build an audience who finds your content consistently reliable and useful. Make sure you truly understand who your audience is and what their interests and buying habits are. Use the data you get from surveys, competitor websites, and online forms to build buyer personas. To really get inside your audience’s collective head, go to where they hang out online. If your ideal customer skews older, that means heading to Twitter and/or Facebook instead of Snapchat, and vice versa. Everything you learn about your audience should determine your best online content strategies.
- A website built for conversion is your brand’s home base. Building a great website isn’t easy, but companies that take the time to do so are twice as likely to see a large increase in sales. There are certain elements all high converting websites share: compelling headline and landing pages; video content; fast speeds; and a clear, unique value proposition. And don’t forget about optimizing your site for mobile.
- Learn good storytelling and, if you can’t do it yourself, hire someone who can. Every brand has a story. Discover yours by asking the right questions. What was the impetus behind launching the business? What challenges did it face and overcome? What were the first two years of business like? What mistakes were made; what surprises occurred? Done well, storytelling is the single best way to emotionally connect with an audience.
- Partner with an influencer who has the media skills and content marketing capabilities to help you quickly build a like-minded audience. Influencers are experienced in creating content that resonates, and they know how to use blogs and social media platforms to reach a wider audience than you might be able to on your own. Find one who is already talking to your ideal audience and then partner up to reach and engage with new readers.
- Be easy to find. Whether you’re hoping to increase sales, attract new customers, or build brand awareness, you need great content strategies to draw people in. Once you know who your audience is, and you’ve built your website, it’s time to create content that attracts, engages, and coverts readers into customers. To become a content powerhouse, you must hone a message that sparks curiosity, tells a compelling story, and captivates your audience.
The Bottom Line
The great thing about content marketing is that it offers tons of benefits to business of all sizes. Done correctly, it increases brand trust, sales, and retention rates. While implementing online content strategies are no small task, with careful planning and a focus on quality content, you can realize the same marketing results as bigger companies do. To learn more about how to create a content strategy, check out our white paper, "What is a Digital Content Strategy? And Why You Need One!" If you have any other content strategy questions, find out how Zerys can help you. Contact us today.