From creation to distribution and consumption, an agency's job is to stay up-to-date on the latest in all things content marketing. As we rapidly approach the new year, it’s a good time to look ahead at which content marketing solutions will be trending in 2018.
5 Trending Content Marketing Solutions
It’s a given that tech will continue to shake up content marketing in 2018, but non-tech solutions are still an important factor. Here are 5 to watch for.
- Many people think that content and SEO are one in the same, but brands will need a strategy for both if they want to improve their ranking. Sites should be optimized to provide readers with a valuable and useful experience. That means creating content that not only has a strong linking structure, but also engages with the audience. Watch for a shift from single keyword targeting to a broader approach. Targeting topics instead lets you go deeper when answering a reader’s questions and offers more opportunity to establish thought leadership. The spotlight remains on creating quality content, but with a new focus on creating more in-depth content that speaks to your audience.
- By now, everyone knows it’s important to tell a brand’s story rather than make a hard sell. Marketers are now starting to think outside the storytelling box itself, adding elements to content that challenges and engages readers in new, highly personalized ways. A trend that should pick up speed in 2018 is interactive content which still promotes a brand’s message but delights its audience. From contests and games to interactive white papers, interactive is the perfect way to engage, educate, create brand awareness, and generate more leads.
- Repurposing content in new ways will pick up steam. Foundational content will be created that agencies can then refashion into distinct pieces for different audience segments. For example, an eBook can be split off into multiple blog posts, various infographics, and numerous email campaigns.
- Interactive websites, unique content, and targeted campaigns are all elements of a more personalized, customer-centric content marketing approach. Personalization in 2018 will be focused less on the subject line (Hi, Mary!) and more on the actual content. Watch for an increase in contextualized content that deliver targeted information to an audience based on terms they search for or their recent browsing activity. It’s the ultimate in a one-of-a-kind user experience.
- Content will truly be embraced as the starting point for all marketing efforts. Without well-written content, there’s nothing to tweet about and little to share. What defines content will also change to include graphics, videos, and audio, all of which still need talented content creators. Agencies will need content marketing teams that not only offer great writing skills, but who understand optimization, social media, and other digital strategies.
The Perfect Content Marketing Solution
You no doubt recognize the value of creating high-quality content on a consistent basis, but developing an editorial calendar and producing great content take time and effort, something many businesses don’t have. That’s when it's time to turn to a third-party content marketing provider like Zerys. We help you prioritize your long-term content marketing planning, build a writing team, and plan production. We also offer editing services and help guide you through publishing.
Keep an eye on these emerging trends and don’t be shy about reaching out for help on developing a winning content marketing strategy. Doing so not only ensures greater marketing success in 2018, but gives you that all-important edge over the competition!