It may be what they’re best known for, but freelance content writers do a whole lot more than produce blog posts and articles. Web content also plays a huge role in digital marketing and it’s one of the most effective ways to keep your website top of mind and highly ranked.
Web Content Writing Services
Great content that resonates with your target market not only differentiates your brand from its competitors; it positions you as a thought leader, drives website traffic and inbound links, generates leads, and builds brand loyalty.
The digital marketing world is a fluid one and marketers and brands often struggle to keep up. For many, quality web content writing is something they know they must do, but they lack the internal resources. Others decide to have interns or younger staff members do the writing and then wonder why they’re not seeing the results they’d like.
Outsourcing web content writing services is a great solution with genuine benefits:
- Speed and adaptability. Good freelance writers are skilled at taking direction, interviewing sources, and conducting research.
- Expertise. Great writers have a gift for telling stories that people want to read. The best writers can use your website to tell your brand’s story and deliver its message in a way a non-writer cannot.
- Fresh perspective. Knowing your industry like the back of your hand definitely has its plusses, but it often gets in the way of writing great content. Why? If you’re too close to the topic, you might make a lot of assumptions about what your readers know. A good freelance writer digs deeper and delivers the information people come to your website for in the first place.
When You Need Web Content Writing Services
Most SMBs are not in a position to hire a full-time writer for website or any other content creation. If your company is rebranding or you just need an updated website, it’s often a smart move to hire one or more outside writers.
The key to successfully outsourcing website content writing is knowing what you need. Before you choose an outside agency, keep three important points in mind:
- You get what you pay for. That doesn’t mean you can’t find great writers at reasonable rates, but avoid the temptation of going with the lowest price, because it rarely delivers quality content. Focus on building relationships with writers you can trust and who will give you the content you need to perfectly position your brand.
- Establish good communication with your writer(s). Make sure the writers you work with fully understand what you want them to do. Encourage writers to ask questions when they aren’t sure what you’re asking for. Writing website content can often take more time than other content as a writer strives to strike the tone you need.
- Ask for writing samples or audition multiple writers. This is the best way to assess whether a writer has the knowledge, skills, and writing style that meets your needs.
Your website is the most important marketing tool you have for your brand. People come there to learn about your products and services, your philosophy, and your people. It is literally your gateway to success.
Partnering with the right web content writing services agency will get you the quality content you need to build a successful website – content that answers your readers’ questions and provides them with something of true value.